March 11, 2010

Day 11 - Ryan's Contributions

I am grateful that Brooke makes me get involved in things like posting on our family blog (that counts as one of the things I am grateful for, right?). 3 more to go.

2. Bedtimes. I am grateful for bedtimes. Kids' bedtimes, my bedtimes, all bedtimes are good bedtimes. Nothing like laying down after a (usually) long day and unwinding. Of course, bedtimes typically end up in morning times... something I'm not grateful for. We'll leave that one for the month of ungratefulness.

3. Mini-vacations. I am grateful for the times that we can go on mini-vacations as husband/wife or as a family. Getting away from the normal daily grind helps me appreciate my family. We get to see things in a little different light after being away for a few days. We haven't gone on any extended family vacations for a while, so we look forward to the time when we can do that again.

4. I am grateful for the mother and wife that Brooke is. Sometimes things get hectic at home and she feels that there is more that she should be doing. But, she has kids that are happy and that love her and look up to her as a mother. I think that is the best way to gauge the quality of the job that a mom is doing.

4a. I am somewhat grateful for the 2-ish times a year I let down my guard and be (a little) cheesy. Brooke has been trying for years to get me to do this more often. I give her Valentines day and her birthday.... that's it (and occasionally on her blog, I suppose).

No comments: