April 21, 2010

Reminiscing

I hope it is no secret that I think my husband Ryan is the coolest thing in the world. I was just thinking about how we met. I really love to hear about how people met and how they knew they were in love. I want to write down the story of how we met so we can re-read it whenever we want. I first saw Ryan the very first Sunday of the begining of Fall semester way back in 1997. When my roommates and I walked in I saw him up on the stand ready to bless the Sacrament when it was time. I immediately pointed him out to my roomate as a possible love interest for me. I then continued to crush on him from afar and I tried to "put myself in posistions to be noticed by him. It wasn't until some weeks later that I was able to catch his eye and get myself on his list of girls to ask out that year (our girl to boy ratio was 3 to 1). I got a ride to Church that day with a neighbor and as we were leaving meetings that day Ryan said goodbye to our neighbor and I turned to give him my most winningest smile and he waved bye to me. I sighed loudly and our neighbor heard and said all right who do you have a crush on and I told him it was Ryan Jeppesen and he said, oh he is such a great guy I am so going to set you up. He introduced us that night at ward prayer and they had a class together the next day. Our neighbor, Ryan, asked my Ryan what he thought of the blond from last night and my Ryan said he thought I was cute. Neighbor Ryan told my Ryan that he needed to ask me out on a date. After school that day Ryan Steck came over and told me to make cookies and I immediately complied. I took those fresh cookies over to my Ryan's apartment and then left after a few minutes. That night at FHE Ryan asked me out on our first date for that Friday. I was so thrilled to be going on a date with him. I will post about our first date later but just for the record it has been really fun to sit and remember all those fun times and feelings.

1 comment:

Memmotts said...

Thank you for sharing. I love learning how people met. I remember meeting one of the greatest friends we have. They had the most adorable little blonde girl with the most gorgeous eyes.