January 9, 2009

Spectacular Ryan

On Tuesday I felt the need to parent (tell my children what I want them to do) Anikka. I told her I needed to stress something of great importance to her. She asked what that meant and I told her that I needed to tell her something very important. I said "Anikka when you get bigger and start looking for a man to marry I want you to find someone who is spectacular, special, and one of a kind to marry." She turned to me with a sad look on her face and said "But Dad is already married." We told her that we were sure there would be at least one guy out there near her age that will fill the criteria for her, then she will be able to marry him. I love that Ryan is such an amazing Dad to our children that Anikka isn't quite sure if there is another man out there that is as cool as her Dad.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Every girl deserves a dad like that and a husband who is the same. What a blessing!

ArringtonZoo said...

That is absolutely adorable.

Bugg's mama said...

What a dear girl she is. I'm sure every Dad wants to hear that from their little girl.

Memmotts said...

That is so cute. I can't believe how much she has grown.

Erin said...

How sweet! Little girls look up to their dads so much. It's wonderful when the dad is someone worth looking up to--lucky Anikka! Thanks for the link to your blog--it's amazing how much your kids have grown. You have a beautiful family!

Andrea said...

What a sweet conversation! All of the Jeppesen boys turned out to be amazing fathers! I am always hoping that the goodness will carry on down the line.