January 29, 2009

Closer to Happiness

Here is my continuing list of my most happy days. These do not have too much order.
5. The day we met Mac. I went in for a regular check-up on April 30 (his due date was May 10) and I told the Dr. that day would be a really good day to have the baby and asked if we could try to make that happen. He laughed and stripped the membranes and I started labor. It was my second most difficult delivery. Mac also had the cord wrapped around his neck tightly which caused his heart rate to drop a little bit, but no one seemed to be too concerned and we held off the delivery a few minutes for Ryan to get there. Mac was born at 10:03 pm. When we first saw Mac we were blown away by his long blond hair. It was so amazing. The first thing that Ryan said when he saw him was "he looks like Jeff!" He really is such a joy!
4. The day we met Ben. Ben was my easiest delivery. On July 19 I went to a regular Dr. appointment and the Dr. said wow I think you are going to have a baby today and I said "That can't happen, I have another week." Ben's due date was the 21st and I planned on going over it. I went home to see if I would start contracting and called Ryan and told him to go home and pack for us, because I hadn't packed yet because I had another week. I was so excited to meet him and the whole thing seemed very laid-back. Ben was born at 9:57 pm. The next day when we took him home from the hospital we got stuck in a cloudburst that was so scary. But we made it home just fine and have a great memory from the second day of Ben's life.
3. When we had an ultrasound with Anikka we were very excited to find out if she was a boy or a girl. The tech couldn't tell and said if she had to guess she would say 70% for a girl. It was not great odds so we bought all of our 0-3 month clothes in neutral colors which has been so great with her two brothers. Anikka was a week late and I went in for a regular check-up and the Dr. stripped the membranes and that sent me into labor. She was my hardest delivery because I was dialated to a 7 before I recieved my epidural. When she was born the Dr. said "wow she's big. She's big like a boy, Oh Wait" That really confused me and I had to ask Ryan if she was really a girl. Anikka was born at 7:13 pm. We had been prepared with two names to name her if she was a girl. She would have been Elijah if she had been a boy. So Ryan turned to me and said "what should we name her, Anikka or Allyse?" I said "I don't know, What do you think?" He said he didn't know and we then turned to my Mom who was holding Anikka and she said "She is not an Ally, She is such an Anikka!" Ryan and I both said that it sounded good to us and that is how she got her name.
I will finish the next two happy days in my life on another day.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ooohhh, I love hearing "baby day" stories.
You have such good blogging ideas. Your kids will love to read these when they are older . . .

The Wilsons said...

Hey Jeppesens! How are you? I was so excited when I saw a link to you on Hilary's blog! Hooray! We miss you guys over here! Hope things are going well for you.