January 24, 2009

Something That Stuck

In our house we really try to stress taking care of one another. Anikka is in charge of taking care of Ben and Mac and helping them with what they need. Ben is in charge of taking care of Mac and helping him with his needs. They are siblings and really need to learn to love each other. Last night I was helping Anikka wash her hair, Mac was standing by me watching, and we got some shampoo in her eyes and she starts screaming. We immediately start rinsing out her eyes and then Mac arrived with a towel that he got out of the closet and starts giving it to Anikka. He seemed very concerned and kept saying "Ah, Ah" which is what he calls her. It appears that some of what we are trying to teach is sticking. It also proves the old addage of "what goes around, comes around." It is nice to see that first hand. I sure love to see all children care for their siblings. They all do it so uniquely. It sure puts Eternal Families into perspective. I really know why our Heavenly Father created the family unit. There is nothing more special than families.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't it a heart warming experience to see your how much your children love each other.

I really like your post about some of the great experiences of your life. What a good idea! The pics of your kids are great. How CUTE are they?!

ArringtonZoo said...

O.K. Brooke. I live my crazy life and then I hop on and look at your blog and feel like I slip in to a little piece of heaven. You are such a good mom and I feel your calm and peaceful aura just seep into my wound up bones. Then I feel a bit guilty that I am not as perfect as Brookie. But, I can try. Thanks!