September 19, 2008

Too Many Close Calls


Shouldn't a third child instinctively know to stay close to his Mom and to really try not to get into trouble. By the time the third one comes along a mom starts to feel a little relaxed, thinking I have two other kids that I have taken care of, I can take care of another. A bit of a "been there, done that" attitude. My little Mac is really not one I can ever let out of my sight for even a second. He is a climber and a busy body. Today He escaped me while I was distracted went outside because Ben left the door open and ran into the road. It is normally a pretty busy road, but thankfully there was not a car in sight during those 3 seconds he was out there. Then during bath time tonight Mac was done with his bath and in his jammies. I was ushering Ben into the bath just in time to see Mac fall in head first. He was fine and didn't go under at all but still it is scary. I am so grateful that we have a Heavenly Father in our lives to look out for my little ones. What a blessing! Right now I am thinking that I will be keeping Mac under lock and key until he is 19 then he can leave the house to go on his mission. I can only hope that he will quickly learn Rule #1 and really stick to it. Rule #1 in the Jeppesen house is to "Stay by Mom". That is THE rule whenever we go anywhere, Anikka knows it by heart, Ben is still learning it but how do you explain that rule to a 16 month old. Whew! What a day.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I totally agree the 3rd (ect.) should instinctively know the rules, because they have already been taught twice. Glad Mac is okay, Katie is always into trouble too. She is trying to open doors:(
I'm so glad you started your blog. Sorry about not doing a barbeque in August, Colby started football and I didn't realize it would take over our lives so quickly. His last game is Sat. then maybe we can fit something in around Ryan's school.

Memmotts said...

Maybe it's just the third child. Tayton does the same thing. Today we climbed on to the arm of the couch stood up, yelled "wipeout" and jumped off head first. I'm not sure what he was thinking when he did it. Okay he was probly thinking "it works for those guys on Tv and my older brothers do it all the time it must be fun". Luckily he didn't get hurt. but scary. And I agree. we are so lucky to have our Heavenly Father help us with our/his children. I'd be lost, that's for sure.

Anna Linnea said...

Brooke! How are you doing? I found your blog off of Shelby's page and thought I would take a peek. Your family is so dang cute! It looks like you guys are doing great. We have 3 kids as well. Time flies doesn't it? Good seeing your family again!