October 6, 2008

Funny Ben



The other morning Ben turned to me and said.


"I am a good boy, Mom."


I said "yes, Ben, you are"


He said "And you love me."


"Yes, Ben, I do." I said.


"Do you know how I know?" He asked.


"how?" I asked.


He said " you give me your 'I love you' smile."


I smiled at him.


He said "yep, that one."




It is times like these that just melt your heart and make up for a lot of the daily screaming and fighting that these kids do. It also makes it easier to forgive him for throwing his little brother to the wolves quite literally.


On Saturday morning Ben went outside and left the door open so naturally Mac goes out too. One minute later Ben comes running inside and slams the door shut with Mac still outside. He is yelling "Sophie is Coming" Sophie is a neighborhood dog that the boys are a little afraid of, she jumps on them and she is not a small dog. So Mac is outside screaming. I run to open the door and Mac is pinned against the door with a big dog licking his face. As soon as I picked him up he was totally fine and wanted to pet the dog. Later that afternoon I asked Mac to show Dad what the dog did and he stuck out his tounge, just like this. It is very cute.


6 comments:

Becky said...

I love that story, sounds just like what an older brother should do, ha ha! Run first then think of others.

Michelle said...

Your family is so cute! I am glad you found me. I am going to save your blog so we can watch your family grow and change. I wish we could do it over at the park again, we miss you guys!

Bugg's mama said...

PRECIOUS! Priceless!

Anna Linnea said...

It was so good to hear from you, and of course I remember you!!! In fact, when I looked at your blog I asked Josh if he remembered you guys and his response was "of course I do." Our boys are 6 and 4 and Sophie is 5 months old. We can already tell that she is different then the boys, it really is so fun to have a girl. Oh and I can picture your "I love you smile", very cute story!

Memmotts said...

okay totally cute. Ben has such a personality. I love it. Poor Mac. That dog sounds like a meanie.

ArringtonZoo said...

Brooke! I am telling you, I really do want to keep in touch! You're family is so cute and it looks like you're doing great. I lost my address book (ahem, or rather my kids thought it was a cute little book that was fun to play with and something that they should make sure is never seen again). So, I need your contact info again. You can email it to me at arringtonzoo@gmail.com
Love ya,
Shelby