September 7, 2008

Anikka's Testimony

In the spirit of using this blog as a journal I want to post a memory that I always want to remember.

On August 3, which was fast sunday, I was visiting my sister in Idaho and Ryan took the kids to church. When the member of the Bishopric finished with his testimony he invited everyone to come and bear their testimonies. Anikka turned to Ryan and said "everyone?" Ryan said "yes". She then said "even Me?" Again Ryan said "yes". So she quickly jumped right up to go bear her testiomony. She ended up being the second one up to the podium and didn't know quite what to do, then Elder Jeffery R. Holland pulled down the seat next to him and motioned for her to sit down. Elder Holland is in our ward so we get the joy of seeing him about five times a year. When it was Anikka's turn to bear her testimony she stood up and said:
"I want to bear my testimony that I know this church is true. I know that this is Jesus's church and he wants us to be happy."
Then, not remembering quite the right protocol to end her testimony, she stalled a little bit and finished:
"I hope that we all like to go to church, and..... Jesus likes us all to go to church and wants us all to be happy like him. I want us all to remember to be good to others and always choose the right. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
She then walked off the podium giving Elder Holland a mini high-five. He whispered in her ear that she is beautiful and she did a very good job with her testimony.
Anikka has always shown a talent for public speaking. She has performed in different plays and productions, and has given speeches in front of hundreds of people. I need to find a forum to help her further develop this talent.

2 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

That is so sweet and special!

ArringtonZoo said...

That is so cute! And how lucky are you to have Elder Holland in your ward! Can I just come hang out with you every Sunday on the off chance that I might see him?