November 3, 2011

Stealing Thankfulness

Well we are hanging in here. Life is rough and good too. I have had more down days than up over the past year. I am just dwelling on the negative and thinking mostly about myself. I am wallowing and I would like some sympathy for it too! So in trying to act like I am a happy, thoughtful person until I become it (fake it til you make it), I am stealing a super great idea from one of the great blogs that I read. My friend Beth's blog vermillionrules.blogspot.com is so great and she is the most service oriented person I know. She is so kind and thinking of others all the time. Every day in November she and her family are counting things that they are thankful for and putting that amount of pennies in a jar. The jar will then be donated to a charity at the end of the month. The other day they counted shoes. I love this idea and I am so totally stealing it. On the first day of November we put in six pennies for every person in our family. Yesterday Mac said he was thankful for God. We put in 3 pennies for Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost. Today Ben said he was thankful for our country. We put in 50 pennies. I am excited to see how this evolves. I am very thankful to others for their great ideas.

2 comments:

bethany said...

I love the way you are doing it-with things you are thankful for. Mine was just stuff I could think of around the house :) Next year we're definitely doing it your way!!!

Jen said...

I love that idea!