November 19, 2011

I Would Be Happiest...

I am trying not to have this blog be all about Mac but he is just so funny right now. On the way home from Preschool the other day he started telling me that I "built him human." I told that I did build him human as he grew in my body. Then he proceeded to tell me the story of how we really got him. "You [Mom] went to a group of Monkeys and asked them if there was a baby monkey that you could have and they gave you me. Then you took me and built me to be human. And I am Wolverine too. I was a Wolverine Monkey and then you built me human. And you know what Mom, I would be happiest if you just took me back there." Can you tell that he recently watched "Tarzan"? He has got the most amazing imagination. I am just hoping that he will someday like his own name and want to be called be it.

We had to quickly do our entire month of thankful pennies so we could give them to our primary for the deadline of Pennies by the Inch fundraiser. So we just wrote down and counted all the things that we were thankful for for the whole month. Here is our list.
11th 13 for our 13 years of marriage
12th 10 for tithing
13th 10 for the years we have had Anikka
14th 7 for the years we have had Ben
15th 4 for the years we have had Mac
16th 1 for Ike
17th 3 for our Bishopric
18th 12 for the Prophet and Apostles
19th 9 for all of our Primary Teachers
20th 4 for our Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers
21st 10 for our copies of the scriptures
22nd 0 no debt on Ryan's car and Credit Cards
23rd 13 for the Articles of Faith
24th 2 for our Cats
25th 2 for Ryan's jobs
26th 12 rooms of our house
27th 2 for Food and Water
28th 12 years of the kids education so far
29th 2 for the Doctors we know
30th 6 for our Modern Conveniences
The grand total of our thankful pennies was 382. It doesn't seem like that much when you put the decimal in the right place, $3.82. It was really fun and the kids loved it. I think it will be a great thing to do every year.

No comments: