November 10, 2011

More Thanks

Yesterday I was rear-ended. It wasn't very fun but with all the really nice people that I have been dealing with it has just become a minor inconvenience. It was just Ike and me in the car and we are both totally fine. I am thankful for nice people and safety.
On Saturday we were thankful for Grandparents so we put in 4 pennies. On Sunday we were thankful for all of our aunts and uncles and we put 15 pennies into the jar. On Monday were we thankful for our cousins and we put 15 pennies in the jar. On Tuesday Ryan said he was thankful for water, gas, electricity, TV, Internet, and garbage pick-up so we put in 6 pennies. On Wednesday, Ben said that he was thankful for Temples so we put in 135 pennies and nickles. (Cool, huh! 135 and that does not include the 15 under construction or the 16 just announced). Today we put in 2 pennies because we are thankful for our cars. I sure am liking this penny jar. It is so visually cool to see all the things that we are thankful for.

2 comments:

Mark and Hilary said...

I'm loving reading all of your thankful ideas! I may or may not be stealing this idea for next year when my kids are a bit older!
Hope you're doing well!

cw said...

Brooke--what a wonderful idea. You are a wonderful mother!