October 6, 2009

Giving My Kids a Complex

4 times in the last 6 days our smoke alarm has been going off and it is so loud and there is also an annoying voice that repeats "fire" over and over again. We figured out that it is steam from the shower that is setting off the alarm. Ben is so scared. Sunday night he was up 6 or 7 times in the night saying he heard the alarm and that his alarm keeps going off since the light changes from green to red occasionally. This morning the alarm went off and woke Ben and Mac up with tears. Ben accused me of taking too long of a shower, He said that I need to get in the shower, wash my hair and get out. On the plus side the children are suitably scared of the alarm and it did wake them all up. Hopefully we can get it all figured out soon and without having to take 5 minute, really cold showers.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That is crazy! It must have really bothered Ben because when we saw you last Sunday, the first thing he said to me was, "The fire alarm keeps going off every morning."

Kind of funny and sad at the same time. I don't know about you, but I couldn't do without my hot showers.

I'm so, so glad about your ultrasound. Hope everything continues to go well.