May 4, 2009

Mac's Birthday





Mac turned two on April 30th. We had the hardest time trying to decide what to get him for his birthday. He has so many hand me down toys. We settled for bath toys and chalk.
He seemed to have a good time. When you ask him how old he his he will always say "three".
He already thinks he is older than he really is.
On Friday May 1st we attended Ryan's MBA graduation. We are very proud of him. The kids lasted all of twenty minutes. Good thing Ryan was hooded and walked in those first twenty minutes. My children are all very, very active. They have a really hard time sitting still. Even Anikka who is nearly 8 just can't sit still. I often look around at church and see all these other families with their quiet little children quietly looking at books. Then there are our children who need to break out the snacks 5 minutes after arriving at church (keeping in mind this is 30 minutes after eating breakfast.) Ben needs Ryan to draw some highly irreverent pictures of Mario brothers characters, evil He-Man characters mainly Trapjaw and Skeletor, and "Dark" Vadar. Then Ben will color and he will mostly be quiet unless Mac gets too close to him or colors on his picture then he will breakdown. Anikka just seems to never be comfortable. She is always shifting around like her underwear is always riding up or something. She just can't sit still. Mac is always trying to go out of his way to entertain who ever sits behind us. He has to stand up and smile, and climb on the arm of the bench and "ride" it and then he will hang on the back of the bench in front of us, he also likes to poke the poeple that sit in front of us as an attempt to get them to turn around and smile at him. Just any way to get attention. I still have some hope that my kids will grow out of the wiggly stage but Anikka has made it hard to imagine that any of them will ever sit still EVER. Oh, well They are my children and I do love them.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations to your husband! That is quite an accomplishment and I imagine it feels great to complete it.

Amen to the whole sit still in church thing. Our Brooke does better now, but I remember a time when I wondered why I even bothered to go - all I did was chase her for 3 hours. I remember thinking "I can do this at home in pj's rather than heels." Hang in there :o)

Becky said...

Horray Ryan, and Brooke, all your hard work has paid off! Congratulations!

Our Bishop gave the whole congregation a little reminder on being reverent in Sacrament meeting. I was feeling pretty bad since my kids are always wiggling and causing some kind of scene :)