May 29, 2009

Girls Colorado Trip

My Mom, Sister Tawnya and I planned a girls trip. We have seemed to get it in about every three years (when my babies are old enough to leave them with Dad for an extended period of time). We left early Saturday the 23rd and drove straight to Glenwood Springs, Colorado. It took about five hours. I loved it there and it is a great kid destination. We shopped the main street and took a walk that night. On our walk Tawnya and I were stopped by a group of four less fortunate people that asked for change. Tawnya gave what she had in her pocket and was very kind. As we walked away Tawnya asked if I was a little uncomfortable and I said I was and asked if she felt that way as well. She said a few months ago yes but now these people are just like my clients and I know that they are harmless and pretty good people. Tawnya is a Defense Attorney. She likes her job. The next morning we visited the Glenwood Caverns that were great. We then drove up over a Mountain Pass to get to Denver. We stayed at my Aunt Charlotte's house and it was really nice to have the comforts of home and family. On Monday we went shopping and to a movie and just relaxed. Then on Tuesday we drove to Steamboat Springs, and ate at the worst place of the trip. The Ore House, it just wasn't good. On Wednesday, We shopped again and then came home late that night. It was a overall great trip filled with relaxation and all the fun things that we like to do. Here's to the next trip in three years.

Anikka has her last day of school today and next year will be a third grader. She is such a trooper to be fine starting a new school next year. I really appreciate her and her ability to adjust to new things. Yea! For Summer!

3 comments:

Megan Young said...

Just caught up on the last posts. Its nice to hear that someone else has children with the wiggly bum syndrome. Tell Ry congrats on school, and congrats to you both on baby #4, it is fun. And Brooke I am glad you got a get away, it really is needed to rejuvinate the juices when you are a busy mom

Sarah said...

It was so much fun to see you in Colorado! Glad you guys had a fun time. I want to go check out those caves sometime.

The Wilsons said...

I can't believe Anikka is going to be in third grade! Wasn't it just yesterday I had her in preschool?!? Time flies. Sounds like you had a fun get away!