October 29, 2008

Buffalo, New York

Ryan and I were able to go to Buffalo last week. It was so pretty there and so much fun! We left on Wednesday and it is a really long day to fly out there. There are no direct flights.Here is a picture of a pretty tree on a residential road in Orchard Park, New York. I would love to live in Orchard Park. This trip was a work trip for Ryan and a vacation for me. On Thursday, Ryan was Art Directing a photo shoot and I was able to see the sights of East Aurora. It was very neat to walk the main street. I really loved the Roycroft Campus. It was a haven for the arts. They did pottery, leather work, and copper work. I really enjoyed walking through those great buildings. On Thursday night we went for a drive and went by the LDS Church in Orchard Park. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot so we stopped in and said hi to the locals. We asked if it was really as bad there in Buffalo in the winter as everyone says. They all said "No, We get snow but it isn't as bad as everyone says. However we are a hearty people and we can handle anything that comes our way." It was also just nice to be able to visit with other members of our church.I loved seeing all the squirrels everwhere. I thought they were so cute and seemed so much bigger than our squirrels in Utah. On Friday, Ryan and went to Niagra Falls. That place is so very neat and as usual pictures just do not do it justice. A picture of me to prove I was there.
A picture of Ryan. Yes, that is a grimace on his face. It was one of the few times I was able to get the camera away from him.

The American Falls


Looking down the American Falls.


It was just so amazing! We had a great time and even decided to count it as a belated 10 year anniversary trip. What else says Second Honeymoon like Buffalo and Niagra Falls. It was great to be able to miss the kids. I was also somewhat vindicated when both my mom and Ryan's mom said that Mac is at a really hard stage and he is exhibiting this hard stage very physically. They were both worn out and I got some sympathy. Win, Win. We would also like to thank our sponsors for the great trip. Moog Medical for paying for Ryan's trip and our livelyhood. Aspen Aire Home Care and Little Valley Lawn Care for watching our kids, Thanks Moms and Dads!

4 comments:

Howells Family said...

Beautiful pictures it looks like you both had a great time... and anywhere without your kids is a vacation so to go to NY you are way too lucky... I'm glad you had a fun time... Miss you guys!!

Becky said...

Yeah, I am glad that your trip was fun. It looks amazing even in photos. It is always good to get away from the kids. It has been too long for us. I feel the kidless travel itch starting now that Katie is done nursing :)
PS Judd would love help on the Bball court. Only if Ryan really has the time and you all come for the day. Let us know when works for you all.

melFeldt photography said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm sure you had a great time. I miss the beautiful fall season!! Hey, I added you to my list of blogs-hope that's okay.

Memmotts said...

I can't wait til we can go on a trip without the kids. I'm so glad you guys had so much fun.