January 6, 2010

Just Tired

Well, if the first days of 2010 are any indication it is going to be a really sleepless year for me. I know that is a totally wild prediction what with me being 22 weeks pregnant and already uncomfortable and then having a newborn in May and all of the sleep deprivation that comes with that.

Mac is giving me fits with his sleeping schedule. He usually goes to sleep between 8 and 9 and then is up and in our bed at 4 or 5. Luckily he has started going back to sleep so that is nice but the moment Anikka's alarm goes off at 6 he is out of bed to spend some quality one on one time with his sister. Mac has also decided to name his new little brother, Kookaburra. That is a brand of licorice that I like and received as a present for Christmas. Mac is very cute in the way he talks to the new baby. He is so much more interested in the baby in my belly than his siblings were. The other two didn't care too much about their impending siblings until they were here and they could hold them.
Ben is being 5 and a little wild. He seems to be in the middle of every fight and it is never his fault. He is a lot of fun to play Wii games with. We love Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones.
After months of begging I let Anikka get bangs. She looks like a whole different kid. She is happy with it so I guess that what matters.
So we are looking at boy names and here are four that we like lately and probably in this order.
1. Xander
2. Cooper
3. Thomas
4. James
I would love opinions on these and other suggestions along those lines.
I am getting very excited for Ryan's new job. I think he is as well. He is so excited about being able to do so many things. He gets to plan, start, do, and complete every new project that is needed. He gets to go on a work trip to a trade show at the end of January and He was thrilled to be included. This new job feels like such a blessing in our lives and it should continue to be such an amazing thing in the future. We are grateful for this good opportunity and for this fun year that we have ahead for us.

6 comments:

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

I like the name Xander. I have only seen it spelled with a Z before. But that is very cute! Good luck with the new job and everything!

Andrea said...

I love all those names. You really can't go wrong, but if I HAD to choose, I would probably go with Xander or Cooper. What about Elijah? Wasn't that one of the names you were throwing around? I totally understand how your list changes from month to month!

Megan Young said...

Hurray for another boy! If you ever need to swap some girls for some boys we would love to be on the trade. Tell Ry congrats on the new job, that is awesome. Also, we are always up for visitors is 4 days in the car to long to travel. Glad everything is going well, we would love your new address and other contact info. You can email it to me if you want. youngdwane@earthlink.net.
Oh how we could meet your kids in person, they sound like so much fun.

Megan Young said...

Okay so I missed some words ...
Oh how we would love to meet your kids....is what I meant to say. it is this one finger typing that is killing me

Kira Thunell said...

Yay! Congrats on the boy - so fun! I've always liked Xander but there is something so adorable about Cooper.

ArringtonZoo said...

Hey, I'm a fan of James! Can't imagine why. But they're all cute.