May 13, 2010

Ryker Kent Jeppesen


I had a wonderful Mother's Day. One of pain and bliss and joy. I woke up at 4:45 Sunday morning with a pretty strong contraction and a half/asleep memory of two previous ones that I needed to breathe through. I got out of bed and starting walking and timing the contractions. They were coming 5 minutes apart and were getting pretty strong so I woke Ryan up and got in the shower and I was wondering when to wake up the kids. Anikka's alarm went off at 6 so I told her to quickly get dressed because we were going up to Heber to have the baby. I think it freaked her out a little bit because she believed me when I told her we were going to have the baby the next daywhen I had a scheduled app. to have my membranes stripped. The ride up to Heber was fairly painful but not to long at all. Ryan kept trying to make jokes but since I was in labor I really did not find him to be too funny. I am pretty vocal through my contractions. I tend to say owwwww through the contraction but it really helps to get through the pain.


When we arrived at the hospital at 7:00 am I was taken right to the maternity room where they checked me and I was dialated to a 6 and I said all right let's get that epidural going. By the time I got the epidural and spinal combo I was already dialated to an 8 and they said we could really just go natural and it would be really quick and I said NO. I love epidurals and the epidural/spinal combo was really nice.


My sister Tawnya who was already here for the weekend came and was able to see to baby being born. I don't know how long I pushed but I only pushed through 4 or 5 3 minute long contractions and out came the baby. He tried to take a big deep breath too soon and sucked up a lot of mucus so they had to suction him out quite a bit. Ryker was born at 9:26 am and he was 9 lbs. 5 oz. and 20 1/2 in. long. The doctor was able to stay and get us all to a good place then he ran to go conduct Sacrament Meeting in his ward and then he came back to check on us.


So I spent the rest of the day really blissed out. It was all really good timing and such a great day to have the baby. I love especially that it was a year ago on Mother's Day that I recieved the prompting to have another baby and here he came on this Mother's Day.

8 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

Awesome! What a cute guy!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a very special Mother's Day.

Love, Bree

Jen said...

What a great story. How nice that Tawnya was able to be there after all. I can't believe he was 9 lbs! Were you eating Miracle Grow during your pregnancy?!
He is such an adorable baby - glad you are all doing well. Congratulations!

Mark and Hilary said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Erin said...

Oh, he is CUTE! Good work, you guys :)

Amber said...

YAY! HE's DARLING! Congrats!

Becky said...

What a beautiful addition to your family! Happy Mothers Day, how fitting :)

melFeldt photography said...

That is so great, congrats!!

Memmotts said...

Cant wait to meet him. See you in a few weeks!!!