December 4, 2008

Talking Back

Bennett Charles Jeppesen is expanding his vocabulary in a smart alec way. We were at the store on Monday Morning and Ben asked nicely for some goldfish crackers for a treat. I said sure. When we got to the car he wanted to eat his goldfish right then and I said no we can eat them after lunch. He promptly threw a fit and said "Mom you ruin everything!" It was pretty hard not to laugh and to sternly tell him that he cannot speak to his mother like that. The very next morning, I was getting Ben ready for preschool and trying to get his bed head wetted down and combed. He kept trying to run away until he turned to me and said "Mom, I am so tired of you". Again I have to really try to not laugh and tell him to speak kindly.
Then just yesterday Ben turns to me and asks, "Mom do you know what is wrong with Christmas?" I said "no Ben I don't." He replied "nothing it is FUNtastic!" Hopefully he will learn soon that if he can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

2 comments:

Memmotts said...

Isn't this the best stage ever! I love watching thier little personalities come out.

Bugg's mama said...

What a joker! I know what you mean, I have to turn my head and hide my smile. And then i go write down the funny stuff!

I'll share my lovey story someday....I'm waiting for JUST the right day. I'm so silly.