September 1, 2013

Daddy Sunday

Each fast Sunday Ryan spends a few minutes of one-on-one time with each of the children, and we call it "Daddy Sunday." The kids look forward to it each fast Sunday. However, because tomorrow is Labor day (no school + no work), we decided to let the kids stay up for a late night family party.

So, when it was time for Daddy Sunday, Mac had other things on his mind. When he and Ryan got together, Mac quickly said "Dad, I don't have much time. I am really happy in my life right now. I love my parents. Anikka is the best big sister because she does so much for me. I love Ben because he is fun to play with. And Ryker is my best buddy. I love my life. That's all. Can we be done?" Mac certainly keeps us laughing and on our toes at all time.

Ryker, who is only 3, bore his testimony in sacrament meeting for the first time today. After nearly dragging Ryan up with him, he stood up all alone and said "I'd like to bear my testimony and I know the church is true. I love my daddy. I love mom. I love Anikka. I love Ben. I love cats... and I also love dogs (yes, he forgot to say he loves Mac too)." Ryan had to cut him off and help him end because we didn't know how long he would go on. He's growing up fast.

No comments: